I agree with Angela and have raised this point with Roger
and the SLC in the past. Most of the "C" returns on the
confirmation of attendance reports for the SLC are for
students who have changed from one course to another with
identical term dates. The current arrangements require a
transfer form to be sent to the LEA and our experience is
that there is a consequent delay in receipt of the public
contribution to fees and the student may also suffer delays
in receipt of loan payments. Maybe such changes, which also
do not affect the duration of study, could be reported if
necessary in a one-off annual return to the LEA? I
certainly think that the process of changing G100 to G101
is currently a waste of valuable staff time.
Gary Walker
Head
Student and Examinations Division
The University of Liverpool