The main mechanism is the popular acute phase reaction. There is a
secondary prevention trial results published on the evidence of
recovery of serum cholesterol to normal in one month published in
Scandinavian Cardiovascular journal 1998; 32(Suppl 50) I think the last
article of that supplement. Hope this is useful.
Regards
S.Vivek
Barnet & Chasefarm

 Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:54:26
+0100 "Hogan, Tim" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Does anyone know the mechanism for the reduction in serum cholesterol after
> an MI? and any evidence as to how long it takes to resume the pre-MI
> cholesterol level (assuming no action is taken to lower cholesterol)
>

> Tim @
> Basildon.

> the system manager at mailto:[log in to unmask]

> www.mimesweeper.com

Vivekanandan Sachidanandam