Hi James,

>If anyone has any information on the extent to which remotely sensed images
>(or even aerial photographs) have been used in the place of map products
>for
>carrying out a Space Syntax analysis of urban areas I would be most
>grateful

I have used an aerial photographs for parts of Cairo in building me axial
model, it is very good in time saving and in accuracy. The base map I used
was a redrawn vector map of an aerial map. In fact it does not matter as you
are only using it as a background for your axial map. You can import the
image file into your CAD package and draw the axial map on top of it. Always
follow the rule of fewest and longest set of lines.
good luck with your map.

Mohamed Salheen
Edinburgh College of Art,
79 Grassmarket,Building 6,