> > 'rootless' yes on the grounds of an abolished family, a childhood
> > disappeared under the bulldozer, and an inhabitation of that City which
>is
> > Every City
> > but no in that my voice, my accent, is stamped with what I am, am from

Chris Hayden comments:  That's deep.  I somehow had thought the process of
so-called Urban Renewal-- I call it Urban Removal--was somehow only going on
only here in the U.S.  Have experienced the same feeling of past bulldozed
under, connection with city I have lived in the past fifty years fading with
each building and block demolished.

I would describe my tribe as underground urban intellectual