On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Alison Croggon wrote...

>Ooo you meanie, Peter.  I'm sure Heiner is devastated up in that
>poet's Valhalla, where everyone drinks all the time and finds out
>that they all agreed, after all.

You're right, Alison. I shouldn't condemn someone on the basis of a
short quotation. I was suspicious of what seemed to me to be a tendency
of Heiner to make controversial statements (like "the truth requires the
most imagination") that are apparently there to show how clever he is. I
don't mind people being clever, but it irritates me when they try to
tell me they are.

But I may well be misjudging his intent here, particularly because of
cultural differences.

Best,
--
Peter