>From: [log in to unmask]
When
>I hear phrases like "female voice" I sniff the same old trap again - and
>yes, there it is decorated with love hearts and smelling of lavender -
>and at the end is the same old pile of laundry -
>Poetry surely seeks to destroy that artificial line between "intellect"
>and "emotion".   It's feeling intelligence or intelligent passion.

Katha Pollitt has an excellent essay on this called Gilligan's Island.  But
since this is a poetry list, let me quote Marilyn Hacker:

Then the advocates of Feminitude
--with dashes as their only punctuation--
explain that Reason is to be eschewed:
in the Female Subconscious lies salvation.
Suspiciously like Girlish Ignorance,
it weems a rather watery solution.
If I can't dance, it's not my revolution.
If I can't think about it, I won't dance.
--Marilyn Hacker, Graffiti From the Gare St. Manque.