Alan,
We have Taxol in powder form which then becomes a solution. Employees wear
full bunny suit, mask and double gloves when dealing with it in either
powder or liquid form. Even then, everything is handled within glove boxes.
In relation to pregnancy, personel are encouraged to talk this through with
Occupational Health, and we discuss the scientific findings on the data
sheet. However, because our exposure level is as low as is reasonably
practical and the powder/solution is well contained, we do not automatically
transfer pregnant female employees out of the area, because we maintain
there is no risk to anyone's health. They remain there unless they
specifically request it.
Thanks for your comments, it's very beneficial. If you have anymore...
Jackie Becker
OH Advisor
Boston Scientific Ireland Ltd.