Dear All,

I may not have been clear about what I was looking for.  I had two
questions:

(1) scientific validity of two components that if they are individually
scientifically viable, can they be divided one by the other and then this
figure plotted against a third component, z (which is actually 1D space, ie.
z = location of x/y along the mineral grain).

Prof. Clemens:
I know about spurious correlation from Rollinson, but I had in mind an
isochron plot for (ii) – (x = f/g  -v-  y = h/g), which I understand holds
unlike oxide plots.  If this is now considered not to be the case, please
advise.  Specifically, can (1) above hold scientifically?

(2) Plot 2D in Excel – again I was thinking along the lines of (1) above but
for 2D = crystal face.  Thank you for suggestions of alternative programmes
to do this.

I thank all for suggestions of tetrahedra plots – they were not what I was
looking for today (my fault, apologies), but I know I will in the future – I
have kept the details.

Frank Spear and Paul Jackson: I will write to you separately.

Thank you all for your responses.

Regards,
Joanie