>There was once an established vocabulary of filmmaking which students
>and teachers regarded as foundational--a terminology, in other words,
>that was clear and accessible to all who wished to spend time learning
>it; and once one had mastered it sufficiently, one could enter safely
>and productively into a discussion without fear of being tripped up by
>jargon-laced arguments--which is not to say the dialogue was not
>difficult and often contentious.  //

I am not totally relating to what you point as this terminology, nor with
the exact dating of it. Raphael's apprentices might have shared a common
technology when helping their masters for the pigmenting mix.
Now, it's popularised with such Sid Field(?) act-structure, and later Vo
lgler and  J.W. books, and their translation in French.

What matters, may-be, on one lagebraical small level, is the axionomatic
between a smaller level and a more industrial one, where industrial means
that every person in the cinematographic Industry, can relate to this said
terrminology, and when, in the small, multi-circular levels, the importance
is laid, each, and back forth, to the completion of each person, singular
expression, at will.

Fili Houtman/

But I just browsed within your article and found it clear;)