**I am forwarding this as it may be of interest to the list. Aplologies for
cross-posting**

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Quay [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 November 2001 15:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digital Worlds Digest NOV 2001

Digital Worlds Digest NOV 2001

**********

Greetings from Digital Worlds!

Here's a brief synopsis of recent events related to our academic,
research
and production projects.

The Pittsburg Symphony Orchestra presented the World Premiere of "The
Messenger", a Collaborative Work with new Music Visualization Technology
http://www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu/pso/default.asp

UF Faculty receive NSF grant for Aesthetic Computing
http://www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu/news/hot/10-2001a.asp

Dr. James Sain lectured DAS class on Electroacoustic Music
http://www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu/news/hot/09-2001b.asp

HCI Expert Dr. Bruce Walker Lectured DAS Class Live from Atlanta
http://www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu/news/hot/09-2001a.asp

Next week we will be giving the world premiere of our international
collaborative piece "Dancing Beyond Boundaries" with a cast of over one
hundred artists, engineers, dancers and computer scientist across North
and
South America.
http://www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu/sc2001/