SB said: In the main, however, I agree with Anthony that recycling programs are like peeing your pants while wearing a blue suit; It gives you a nice warm feeling, but no-one notices.

EF here: Why should someone notice? In Holland making the most of materials appears to come naturally to most people... it's common sense and it usually saves you money. Over there you can buy a crate of 24 bottles of beer for about £10 and you get nearly half of that back when you take the bottles and the crate back.

It's only in places like the UK where ALL of the incentives to reuse or recycle have been removed that it just doesn't really happen...why should people care or 'notice' if there isn't anything in it for them?! (I omit people who do it for the love of the planet from this by the way - whatever shape, form or political opinion they may take!!)

Incentivise reuse... that is the answer... IMO...

Recycling...well, it may not be the best option but it beats adding to the piles of stuff in the ground, doesn't it?!

Ciao

EF