Well, hi,
        I've seen that long infomercial - I think it's done by Greenpeace,
which does have a lot of expenditures, runs a couple of small ships, etc.;
it's pretty interesting and an excellent example of effective rhetoric,
making all the artistic appeals of Aristotle (logos, ethos, pathos). And no
doubt virtually all environmental groups - and all activist groups - have
short term cash flow problems.
        I guess my point was that they are not in business to make money,
that money is necessary for them to do business. It is a distinction with a
difference.
        The business of business is business: i.e., a business is there to
make money. A enviro, politico, or any other social action group would not
exist, do you think? if its primary objective were to make money, would it?
-Tc
Anthony R. S. Chiaviello, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Professional Writing
Department of English
University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002-0001