In article <5F1EF100FA7BD311848D0090272EA03001683CD9@NT3>, Medical
Records Mgr - Kathy Perkins <[log in to unmask]> writes
>To set the scene.   I, together with two others, are incoming Treasurers of
>a Society.   We are trying to change the official signatory documents so
>that we can issue cheques etc.  The instructions were that we needed to
>visit local branch of said bank together with two documents confirming
>identity.
>
>I have just visited a High Street Bank armed with said documents.   I was
>informed that, following on from September 11th, it is now a rule that as I
>don't have a personal bank account with that particular bank, in order for
>them to process the mandate I would have to provide them with six months
>copies of my personal bank statements.
>
>My question is - excessive or justified ?
>
>Can anyone inform me if there are new banking regulations to cover this ?

You need to ask if it's a Money Laundering issue, in which case surely
your identity would suffice, and perhaps a reference from your existing
personal bank would assist. If they just don't trust you with money,
that's a matter for the Society.
--
Roland Perry

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!