This is all new to me so I expect I am getting it wrong, but here are some
thoughts:

Section 1

Does <identification><uid> have to be globally unique?  Is such a thing
possible unless you store DNA or iris patterns?
Don't all identifiers operate within a defined context (the institution, the
country, all Visa customers etc.?)

Not sure that <affiliation><affiliationID> solves the problem entirely.  At
Brookes the student number identifies the course registration, not the
person, so a student who takes two or more courses at the same institution
would have two or more student numbers (and a separate transcript for each).

NI number might be ok for UK students, assuming they will all have had
vacation or part-time jobs and so will have one by the time they graduate,
but will overseas students have one?

Do we have to think about other types of identifier eg. those required by
professional bodies like the English Nursing Board.  We could use
affiliation-affiliationId for these.

I think we have to have an extension that allows for additional
<identification> unique ids so we can keep the HESA reference plus one or
more student numbers.

Section 2 - sounds ok.

 Section 3

I had thought that Name of programme meant the full programme leading to
whatever award the student ends up with (so qcl) but the years would be
activities within it.  We don't put the intermediate end-of-year awards
(CertHE, DipHE) on the transcript unless the student is leaving after the
first or second year.   We don't record a pass/fail for the year either.
Also what about part-time students, who spread a year's work over more than
one calendar year. For those reasons I would call the programme a
qualification but the years within it activities.

Section 5

Seems reasonable to me.

Section 7
---------
Overview of NQF, overview of UK HE system. Aren't these just explanatory
text, why do they need to be associated with the individual learner?