Robin Hamilton or David Bircumshaw wondered:

>I wonder where Kent was in 68?

In '68 I was in Montevideo, Uruguay, playing ping-pong in the basement of
the U.S. Ambassador's residence with Jimmy Hoyt, son of the Ambassador.
There were two maids, toothless and fortyish, whose quarters were down
there, and they gave us our first blow jobs. Terrifying.

Meanwhile, my father was playing golf at Punta Carretas Country Club with
Daniel Mitrione, CIA agent training Uruguayan cops in interrogation-torture
techniques under cover of AID. My pop worked for the YMCA. A couple years
later the Tupamaros (MLN) kidnapped Mitrione and shot him. His son was a
good friend of mine at the Uruguayan-American School.

Costa Gavras made a film about this (about the Mitrione affair) called State
of Siege, starring a famous French actor whose name I can't remember-- the
same guy in Z. What the hell was his name.

Jacques Debrot was there, too. His father, a cultural attache with the
Spanish Embassy was actually an MI-5 double-agent. Jacques was quiet, kept
to himself, reading the Ecrits at recess in French original. Impressive for
a boy of 12 or 13. Once, a kitten got caught up a ceiba tree in the
schoolyard. Jacques and I climbed up there to save it while a hundred boys
in short pants stood gawking in a circle beneath us. At the top of the tree
I said hi to him, and he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye, as if he
knew we would speak again in times to come, and said, "Hola. Me llamo
Jacques. Soy un muchacho espanol con nombre frances." Little could I know
the distant meeting his twinkling eye foresaw would end up exploding the
tight-assed unconscious of British avant-garde poesy.

Kent