From:   Aidan Negus [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   27 June 2001 16:15
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Remotely operated telephone answering machines

I wonder if anyone has any experience or knowledge of any systems which can
be used to remotely (by IR, RF or an adapted switch) access a digital
answering machine. I have a client who has Motor Neuron Disease and who
would like to be able to play back phone messages by pressing a single
switch.

We have tried using a Gewa Prog and VoiceMail, but this proved too complex
for the client. Additionally, we are unable to switch adapt commercially
available devices as this would infringe CE legislation.

Please reply to assistech and / or directly to my email address:

Thank you

Aidan Negus
Occupational Therapist
Access to Communication and Technology