I am a relative newcomer to this list (ca. 2 months) and have noticed two
recent groups of messages pertaining to Bill East (a/k/a Oriens?).  The
first group consist of repostings, from the 1998 archives, of his
contributions regarding antiphons.  These are absolutely wonderful!  I can
see why the re-postings begin with the phrase "[b]y popular request."  It
would be a lovely tradition -- if it isn't one already -- to have these
sent out annually during the Christmas season.

The other group of messages laments Bill's departure from the list under
clouded circumstances of some sort.  Judging from the quality of his
messages on antiphons, this was a grievous loss indeed.

I have no wish to elicit unpleasant scuttlebutt, but am *am* curious: what,
praytell, prompted Bill to leave the list?

--Christopher