At 10:44 AM 12/31/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>The last Roman Emperor Romulus Augustulus didn't die in 476. He was
>deposed by Odovacer that year and we don't know much about him after that
>date.
>

>> architecture, or any other aspect of European culture during the
>> period 476-1000 (last western Roman Emperor died in 476, not 479),

If one is being precise, it is important to note than Romulus Augustulus
was not in fact the last western Roman emperor.  He was merely a usurper
put up by his father Orestes and never given official recognition.  The
last officially recognized western Roman emperor was Julius Nepos, who
reigned in Illyricum until his murder in 480.

Steve Fanning