Any help most appreciated.

Apologies for those that have seen this request before.

I am undertaking a project on collecting humorous/silly/amusing and the
weird and odd library questions that we as librarians receive nearly every
day.

My collection of hunorous enquiries is coming along very well. Many heart
felt thanks to those who have sent their humorous enquiries to me. Please
keep them coming. I hope to publish, electronically and possible in print
next autumn.

To help your Monday Morning Blues along here are a few enquiries on:-
How to ask for a book

Library user, “I replaced a book on the shelf that I borrowed form the
library. Can you tell me what I borrowed? The book has a beige cover.”
After several minutes questioning the book was located – with a red cover.

“Do you have books in here.”

“Have you any interesting books.”

“Do you rent out Bibles?”

“Do you have anything good to read?” – The librarian then got her audible
and mental answers mixed up and replied, “No. I’m afraid we have 75 000
books and they’re all duds.”

A student at Reading University, “I left a book in here yesterday. Has
anyone found it?”

A student at Regents College, London.
Student, “Where is the red book?”
Librarian, “Which red book?”
Student, “The one that I want.”

“I was here about three weeks ago looking at a cookbook that cost $39.95.
Do you know which one it is?”

Next issue - Asking for the impossible

Address to send humorous enquiries to :-

Hope you spotted one of yours.

Many thanks once again
regards
Gordon Armstrong