Dear colleagues,

As well as hosting the latest version of the Eurovoc thesaurus, Celex is
introducing some other changes in the new year:
   - New sector C - will cover all documents published in the OJ C series,
starting with 1995-1999 period
   - New sector E - covers EFTA documents published in the OJ
   - Schengen Acquis acts have been added to sector 4

Full details of these changes were announced on the Celex news page last
week, but I wonder how many users, like me, missed the announcements at the
time.  The problem with the Celex news page is that new items appear so
infrequently (3 or 4 times a year) that most of us probably don't bother to
check the page regularly.  Perhaps what is needed is a flashing warning on
the Celex home page to alert users when the news page really does have some
fresh news.  Would anyone from Celex care to comment?

Best wishes and Happy Christmas,

Chris Lamb
Documentation Officer
Technical Assistance Office