Having had several unscheduled returns of patients who had been discharged with TIA's recently and having also read the article on the natural history of TIA's in the JAMA of a couple of weeks ago, I have been pondering how we manage TIA"s locally, Id be interested to see how others on the list are dealing with this issue

How many units are admitting patients presenting with TIA's for further investigations ?

If not, why not ?

Would you do it differently if they were in slow AF ?

What do believe the current standard of care is for TIA management and how would you want your mum treated if she had a TIA ?

Interested in your thoughts

Craig

Dr Craig Ellis
Registrar in Emergency Medicine
Wellington Hospital
Wellington, New Zealand

CCH Secure Mail Server
This email or attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message, including any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed in this email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Capital Coast Health Ltd. (AC_S001)

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
No Viruses were detected in this message.