The message <[log in to unmask]>
  from  S A Hughes <[log in to unmask]> contains these words:

> In message <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] writes
> >'>a secondment in GP would be of
> >more benefit than, for example, lurking in surgical clinics and/or theatre
> >sessions.'
> >
> >...and risk being beaten up by drug addicts in burgled / vandalised premises,
> >spending hours in traffic, and dealing with insolvable social problems....!
Yebbut there *is* life outside Harlesden, I believe.

> >Shaf ;)
> >A&E SpR
> GP secondment is a superb idea. I did 2 months and got a lot out of it.
I didn't get as much as two months. I certainly gained much too.

> I got to know a little about general practice in Harlow and the various
> problems that GP's face.
The not-so-strange thing was noticed, was seeing the same people in
A&E one week, in General Practice the next and in Psychiatry a few
weeks later. We seemed to have the same 'regulars'...

> In A/E, we have a lot to learn about consultation skills. The GP's have
> it over us on that score.
Agreed

--
Helen D. Vecht: [log in to unmask]
Just round the bend, at the top of the hill...