As a yank working over here on sabbatical, I want to second the use of
ketamine as a safe and eminently effective agent for sedation in kids.
I have used it hundreds of times with no complications.
Cheers!
Gregory Luke Larkin MD MSPH FACEP
Atlantic Fellow in Public Policy
Guy's & St.Thomas' NHS Trust
London SE1 7EQ
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
University of Pittsburgh