Scott,

I work alot with trigger points and from what you have stated, I would
suggest you examine a few other trigger points which can also complicate her
lateral hip pain: iliopsoas, Quad Lumb, TFL/ITB, peroneus, solues. It may
sound strange, but anterior lumbar structures and muscles in the calf can
refer pain or perpetuate other muscle trigger points.

Also, have you tested  nerve mobility and slump tests to see if it does
elicit or worsen her symptoms? As well, posture is another that may be
contributing to her symptoms.

Hope this has helped.

Henry***

ps- Where about is Northside Physiotherapy?? I am only asking because I work
for Scott Hewett at Sumnar Physiotherapy.