This message is partly administrative. In this part I resolve to try harder
as a list owner, in order to keep this list what it almost always is: a good
cyberplace to be. I also encourage you to do your bit to put out potential
flames, before they combust; the best way for all of this to accomplish such
a resolution would be to contribute our scholarly queries and knowledge when
appropriate, and in a civil, sensitive way.

This message is also partly 'scholarly'. Thinking about resolutions makes me
wonder about how medieval religious culture could have made use of them.
Apart from generic resolutions to avoid sin and the occasions of sin, does
anyone know of moments in sermon literature where saints' lives were used as
source material for getting listeners and readers to resolve to do something
specific?

Thanks for your consideration of the above!

Best wishes,
George Ferzoco