We at Halton Libraries are implementing Web Content filtering in the New
Year.

We also want if possible to 'regulate' the content of e-mails / discussion
lists / chat-lines.

Is software available that filters the content of these sorts of messages.
I have a feeling that there is some software that puts asterisks in the
place of any words that are perceived by the software as banned?  Does
anyone know of any software that does this or something similar.  Just to
clarify we don't in any way want to ban e-mail / chat lines '/ bulletin
boards, but just to 'censor' the content of messages sent and / or recevied.

Philip Cooke
Systems Officer
Halton Borough Council Libraries
01928 715 351