I'm trying to conduct a Medline search for case-control studies in the
Journal of Andrology using software called Knowledge Finder that our
hospital provides. When I select case-control from the MeSH thesaurus, it
gives me a bunch of studies that are retrospective, and highlights the word
"retrospective". Some of these studies are clearly not case-control studies.

Under publication types, I can't find an appropriate selection. I could
limit my search to randomized controlled trials or clinical trials, but not
case-control (or for that matter observational or cohort designs).

Why can't I limit my search to just case-control designs? Is this a
limitation of the Knowledge Finder software or of the Medline database
itself? Or am I just missing something obvious? If it is a limitation of
Knowledge Finder, what software should I try to lobby for?

Steve Simon, [log in to unmask], Standard Disclaimer.
STATS: STeve's Attempt to Teach Statistics. http://www.cmh.edu/stats