Dear Colleague

I do hope that the 'reminder' notice below is not news to you.  However, if it is, my apologies for an obvious oversight in not having you or your organisation on our mailing list.

You may like to consider joining the Society either as an individual, or, on behalf of your organisation as a corporate member and I would be pleased to let you have further details of the Society and its membership.

I look forward to seeing you at the conference or, if you are unable to attend, hearing from you sometime in the future.

With best wishes

Anthony Clifford

Anthony Clifford, UKES Administrator,
PO Box 5356, Brentwood, Essex CM14 4ZJ
Tel: 01277 233278
Fax: 01277 229095
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
      or:  [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.evaluation.org.uk

Have you booked a place yet at the annual conference of the
UK Evaluation Society?
If not, time is getting short!
To remind you, the details are as follows:

UK Evaluation Society

Conference 2000

Evaluation and Social Change

Policy, Practice and Participation

Location: LONDON

Dates: 6th, 7th & 8th DECEMBER 2000

Main Conference: 7th & 8th December: Church House Conference Centre, Westminster

Keynote speakers will be Professor E R House of the University of Colorado, Janet Lewis of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and Sue Duncan, Centre for Management & Policy Studies in the Cabinet Office. This year the UKES conference will include a Reception in the Houses of Parliament hosted by Malcolm Wickes MP, Under Secretary of State for Lifelong Learning.

Practitioners' Workshops: 6th December:

University College London

  a.. Pathways to participation: making evaluations more participatory

  a.. Knowing the ropes: developing a set of guidelines for commissioning evaluations

  a.. Using theory-based approaches to evaluating complex community-based initiatives

Advanced Workshop: 6th December: University College London

  a.. Drawing valid conclusions: led by Professor E R House (University of Colorado)

Theme:

The theme of the sixth annual conference of the UK Evaluation Society encompasses all aspects of evaluation which impinge on social change processes. Commissioners, practitioners and users of evaluation are invited to participate and discuss issues such as:

  a.. Eliciting 'theories of change'
  b.. Managing change through evaluation
  c.. Making evaluations matter - experiences of embedding evaluation findings into organisational decision making
  d.. Evaluation as a Government policy tool
  e.. Squaring participation with impartiality in self evaluation
  f.. Self evaluation as social capital

If you would like to find out more about the Society and its membership, register for the conference, arrange display space for your organisation or offer sponsorship for this event then please visit our website: http://www.evaluation.org.uk

or contact:

      The UKES Conference 2000 Secretariat:

      In Conference Ltd

      10b Broughton St Lane