    I'm just reading Book V of F Q right now, and Britomart has just rescued
Artegall from Ratigund.  As an amateur student of the Isis cult of Greek and
Rome, I find it interesting that Spenser would link Britomart with Isis and
Artegall with Osirus.  Having the priest tell Britomart that she and
Artegall will have a son who will be great reminds me of Horus as well.  In
fact, there are many paralels with the Isis myth, at least in Canto VII.  I
have yet to finish this book to see if there are any more.  Any thoughts?

Sara

     The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
     But I have promises to keep,
     And miles to go before I sleep
     And miles to go before I sleep. (Robert Frost)