On 12 Nov 2000, at 23:13, David Lee Miller wrote:

> I would like to object to Stephen Willett's recent post.  He seems at times
> to confuse fiction with philosophy, but I don't mind that.  It's when he
> confuses name-calling with philosophy that I want to call a time-out.

What name, what calling?  Unless the academic world in US English
departments has become more closed than I last saw it, opinions
about the value of postmodernist philosophers are still permissible.  I
haven't noticed the slightest tick from Prof. Miller when outrageously
false statements appear on the list.  One might attribute that to
ignorance of the difference between truth and fiction, a far more
serious liability than the one attributed to me.

Steven J. Willett
University of Shizuoka, Hamamatsu Campus
2-3 Nunohashi 3-chome, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan 432-8012
Voice and Fax: (053) 457-4514
Japan email: [log in to unmask]
US email: [log in to unmask]