Interdisciplinary Student Philosophy Journal

DISCOURSE CALL FOR PAPERS 2001

The theme of the Spring 2001 issue of DISCOURSE will be
‘Technology.?
This is a subject of particular relevance today, due to the increasing
impact of technology on our lives.  There are many different
approaches that can be taken to this issue, from exploring the ethical
ramifications of cloning to inquiring into whether computers may ever
be considered human.  One could discuss the impact of technology on
the environment, the effects of globalization on our relations, or
even our level of dependence on technology for day-to-day activities.

Although the editors of DISCOURSE are particularly interested in
articles dealing with some aspect of technology, we remain open to
considering well-written articles, short stories, poems, or even plays
that discuss any aspect of philosophy.  We write the ‘Call’ as a
suggestion that may give prospective contributors ideas about what we
are looking for, however one should in no way feel limited by our
proposed subject matter.

Any person below the ABD level may submit their original work to
DISCOURSE. All submissions will be considered under blind review.
Please include 2 copies of the article, and a separate cover page.
Your name should not appear anywhere in the text.

On the cover, with the title, include the following:
        Name
        Phone Number
        Mailing Address
        E-mail Address
        University Affiliation (if any)
        Brief (50 word) biographical citation

Submissions should not exceed 7,000 words or 20 double spaced pages.

In addition to 2 hard copies of the paper, submissions must include a
3.5” disk containing only a copy of the submitted work and
biographical citation. Clearly label the disk with your full name,
phone number, title of your work, and the software (including version)
and platform used.

Mail submission to:
        DISCOURSE
        Department of Philosophy
        University of San Francisco
        2130 Fulton Street
        San Francisco, CA 94117

SUBMISSION DEADLINE     : JANUARY 1, 2001

http://www.discourseusf.org/

Scottish Postgraduate Philosophy Association
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_sppa/

Scot-pg-phil mailing-list information and archives:
http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists-p-t/scot-pg-phil/

Mail to list: [log in to unmask]
Mail to caretaker: [log in to unmask]