At 11:12 AM 11/8/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Today, 8 November, is the feast of ...
>
>* The Four Crowned Ones, martyrs (306?)
>- the original legend tells of five martyrs from Pannonia, but the
>better known one narrates the martyrdom of four Romans
>- one legend says the four were stone-masons; they have been adopted as
>patrons of such craftsmen (including English Freemasons, whose journal
>is entitled *Ars Quatuor Coronatorum*)
>- church where they are buried is one of the titular churches of the
>cardinal-priests of Rome

If you are in Rome & interested in old churches, this one is on my short
list of those worth a detour.  The chapel of St. Sylvester outside the
entrance has a cycle of paintings illustration that pope's legend,
including the Donation of constantine & you can secure admission to a very
elegant cloister.
Tom Izbicki