It reflects well on the open amiable level of discourse on this list that I
had
forgotten that lists can have owners and owners can have employers.

I have no further comment to make on this other than that  I was surprised
and
appalled that confidential verbal statements made by myself to a supervisor
were repeated both in writing and out of context on a public forum before I
was
contacted, in an apparent attempt to disparage.  The 'sealed bag not
reopened until I reached the BL' wasn't mentioned. Moreover the posting was
the first evidence I have had that anything had been written down at all by
the BL Security other than my name, my telephone number and Reader's Pass
number and was the first time I had been contacted by them. Mercifully the
matter wasn't sub judice, but who knows? This certainly wasn't
the appropriate forum for it.

On a happier note, I should say that the list was most appropriate for
my initial posting.  Helpful responses from other members of the list have
enabled
me to largely extricate myself from the hole I had so conspicuously dug for
myself
(albeit with the assistance of person or persons unknown!).

Once again, thank you to all those who contacted me.  Your assistance was
invaluable!

Regards

John A W Lock