true enough , they are the asymmetric folds , but my point is that with
further shearing the folds get transformed into sheath folds which if seen
on a T-section will show as asymmetric fold profile with a reflection
image of it accompanying the fold profile. this indicates that the fold
had been dragged during subsequent shearing and its axes becoming parallel
to the transportation direction.

thanks
supriyo.

  SUPRIYO MITRA
 St. JOHN'S COLLEGE
 CAMBRIDGE                            email:  [log in to unmask]
 CB2 1TP                                      [log in to unmask]
 U.K.                                         [log in to unmask]

 phone: +44-1223-569803