Surely the only way to get the stuff to the public is to let them buy it
over the counter rather than wasting their money on cough and cold
remedies that they have been using for years, the public spend a fortune
on these without any known benefit, so I am sure that they would be
delighted to spend a fortune on something that MIGHT work, at the same
time 0 extra cost to NHS, 0 extra workload to A&E AND GPs (big sign
outside practice/dept telling them to go to pharmacist).  Goodness,
doing it this way might even prevent a lot of folk pitching up to GP/A&E
with flu for some inappropriate anti-Bs, as by the time they think to do
it the relenza will have cured all their symptoms, won't it?  The only
mistake we (gov/medical profession) are making is keeping this stuff as
a POM.
--
Sam Waddy