Dear Prof Hamilton et al,

As a newbie to these Spenserian postings, may I ask a question
without being laughed off the net?

I suspect that 'The Shepherd's Calendar' was not written by
Spenser and that the "new poet", alias Colin Clout, was
a young person who Spenser helped to get published.

Now I know that it was later claimed that Spenser was Colin
and Harvey was Hobbinol -- but I have specific reasons for
believing that the truth was concealed. Their relationship could
hardly be described as one of pederasty!

Would you please let me know of anything that has been published
on this subject, so I may do further research?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Zenner