Thank you Lisa for that wonderful diagnosis of IF and the South African
link to Jameson of the ill-fated Jameson raid.
I wonder how things would have turned out in Africa IF he had succeeded.
IF only!, or What IF!

Hello there John, you're supposed to take your wife/partner on holiday
with you, not your computer.
You are right about IF being on the Kipling site, but 'IF' I am not
mistaken the poems are only accessible to members?!!

I have received a request for an Italian version of IF, which I have
supplied, but I do not have a German translation.  Does anyone on the
list have a German version to save me searching?
The Turkish translation will be a welcome addition to the list.

Here is the request:
***********************
Dear Ron Clibborn-Dyer,
I was very happy to receive your last massage. I was interested in getting
Italian and German translations for this beloved poem IF. Can you send me
the italian translation. If interested I can provide you with the Turkish
translation.
Best regards,
haluk hamamci
ankara
turkey
I must find out if IF has been translated into Chinese or Japanese -
Does anyone know IF ?!!

Best wishes from Ron in Hong Kong, 'China crost the Bay'