hi Robert,
I managed to find SanstedŽs article in my own library. Perhaps you would
like to have a copy. WasnŽt able to find the other reference though, but
that shouldnŽt be too hard anyway, You are absolutely right. I have
diagnosed myself with a Zinc-deficiency, and I am absolutely certain that
most of my (european) patients must have a Zinc-deficiency as well.(I`m not
able to confirm these data).
And  Henry, I havenŽt been able to find out what task Zinc has in
Collagenformation. IŽam quite certain that Zinc is an important
mediator(catalysator) of various chemical prosesses in our body, but I
havenŽt been able to find anything about Zinc being  a mediator for chemical
processes in the liver.
Anyway, if you have more information about this, I would love to know all
about it.
Ciao,
Dr. Biol. Mart de Kruijff, MSc. PT., MOMT
Bad Ragaz
Switzerland

> Does this data come from these papers? I can't find these references on
the
> Web. Are you suggesting that 67% of men and 85% of women in Australia  are
> walking around with:
>
> - afternoon fatigue
> - usually dry skin and hair
> - brittle nails
> - sugar or chocolate cravings
> - a sensitivity to light
> - depression
> - vertical ridges on nails
> - white spots in nails
>
> I can't help feeling that someone might have noticed if this was the case.
>
> Robert

Physiotherapists