Dear Yong:

Thank you for writing this insightful post and placing much of the discussion
in a valuable context. Your last statement about the "confines of a 3 or 4-year
baccalaureate course" raises a different issue. Namely, the type of degree
awarded a physical therapist. The USA has moved to a graduate degree for entry
into the profession. Several months ago 25% of the PT programs in the USA were
awarding or in the process of transitioning to the Doctor of Physical Therapy
(DPT) degree as entry to the profession. Since then I am aware of several more
programs intending to transition to the DPT. This is one of the fastest
fundamental changes in the history of PT education in the USA. A discussion
about education standards and degrees awarded around the world would be most
interesting from my perspective.