Henry
Sorry to butt in but I wonder how the fact that a bunch of MD's and DC's
decided that weakness in the TA and multifidus were the result rather than
the cause of back pain clears anything up.  References??
Phil Goetz
Rochester, NY

You wrote:
David,

When Gwen Jull went down to SA and did a conference on lumbar stability to a
group of chiropractors and doctors, she set out to try and convince them
that TA and multifidus weakness is responsible for back pain. However, the
chiropractors and doctors were able to deduce for themselves that it is
actually the other way around; a person gets back pain, and as a result,
they inhibit their TA and multidifus from working. Therefore, TA is not the
cause of back pain as Gwen Jull and DR Richardson had taught me back at
Uni... it is only an effect. Hope this clears everything up.

Henry***