Robin,

I agree with Ian on the first question... intermittent compression is the
answer.

As with the second question, it basically comes out of your first aid
course. As Ian said, we must assume a few things... but if the person is
unconscious and is not breathing, we must open the airways using cervical
extension. From the first aid course, human life is more important than
cervical extension damage. Remember, you must assess and stabilize his/her
condition before calling 911. So i will have to agree with the PT examiner -
cervical extension - but the question was not well put.

Henry***