I'm still trying.  All this is from my computer that was Norton clean this morning.
This is a reply from one non-scholar to another's request about WGC's Monk's Tale.  My interest is in the history of NE England and I would welcome any elucidation, particularly about the language ,of the procedure described.
     Concerning the ghost of Robert, son of Robert, of Boltby and Kilburn, taken in the cemetery.
     It is notable because Robert Jr. died and was buried in the cemetery but was wont to come out of his grave at night to disturb and frighten rascals.  The dogs of the town followed him and barked vociferously.  At last the town youths talked together, proposing to catch him outside the cemetery by any means possible.
   But, when he appeared, all fled except two, one of whom, Robert Foxton, caught him at the gate of the cemetery and threw him out of the church yard.(A.S. ciricsteall, site of a church.)  The other shouted loudly, "Hold him till I reach you."  To which the first replied, "Go to a parishioner(?) and get XXX so that he can be can be treated according to policy.  (XXX=cicius that I can only speculate to be associated either with A.S. cicel, a little cake, or Greek kek- suggesting castor oil.  Either way there seems to be reference to the communion service.)  Because I am in God's good graces I can hang on till the priest comes."
     The parish priest came quickly and performed the proper ceremony.  In the name of the sainted Trinity and the goodness of Jesus Christ (he asked) that the ghost reply to the questions as far as he could.  He replied, not with his tongue but rather from his internal organs as if from empty space, and confessed his sins.  Once these were known the priest absolved him, but warned him he was not removing sentences imposed after other confessions, "and for the rest you may go in peace.  God decides."
     It was said that before the absolution he regularly stood at house doors, windows, footings and walls, as though listening, perhaps expecting to grab someone coming out and have him agree to help with his predicaments.
    Others say it was because of his helping and agreeing to the killing of a certain man and doing other evils, but noone is saying this applied to this particular man.
Dave Forth