Dear friends:

Ever since I rejoined the list I have been getting messages from you
all containing the word "medireview".  I had never seen it before, but
assumed it was the latest buzz-word, of which I, being somewhat on the
fringes of academic life, was ignorant.  It was regularly used where I
would have used the word "medieval".  At last I saw it used in a
posting by Patrick Nugent, and knowing him to be a decent sort of
bloke, asked him what it meant.  I have received this response:

---Bill,>
> I have no idea.  I went back to my original, where the word is
> "medieval."
> Here'a s guess: your mailing has some kind of spelling checker that
> doesn't
> recognize the word "medieval", advises you to "review" it, but then
> forgets
> the advice.  But that's a guess only.  Bizarre.

Is this correct?  Or is there such a word?

Oriens.