> Does anyone know whether the records of tribunals dealing
> with conscientious objectors during the 1WW have survived
> for Yorkshire?  I know that these records were ordered to
> be destroyed in 1921 and that only the Middlesex
> Appeal Tribunal and Central Tribunal records were retained
> at the PRO.  Have any records survived locally due to a
> failure to carry out this order from the Ministry of Health?

The Cardiganshire Appeals Tribunal papers are held by the National
Library of Wales. The schedule is available on-line at
<http://www.llgc.org.uk:81/isysmenu.htm>.

Yours sincerely

Stephen Benham

Archifydd Cynorthwyol                    /  Assistant Archivist
Adran Llawysgrifau a Chofysgrifau  /  Dept of Manuscripts & Records
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru           /  National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion SY23 3BU

e-bost / e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
tel: 01970 632 870
ffacs: 01970 632 883
<http://www.llgc.org.uk>

Fy marn fy hun yw'r uchod a nid yw o raid un LlGC
The above is my own opinion and not necessarily that of the NLW