Dear  Sir /Madam,

I am pleased to send you PSAN's September Updates.
All references listed furtherdown  can be found directly on PSAN website at http://www.psan.org/
I take the opportunity to remind you that he access to the site is free of charge as well as the subscription to the monthly
updates' mailing, and that you are welcome to advertise your own publications.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me if you wish to do so.

Thank you for you interest in PSAN.

Elisabeth Sieca-Kozlowski

Monday 4 September 2000

L'armée russe en quête de réformes V Chetcherian
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Monday, 11 September 2000

Russia's Armed  Forces And  Other Power Structures To Be Reduced By Over 400 000 Servicemen
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

The Brain of the Russian Army, The Center for Military-Strategic Reasearch
STRUCTURES

(1) FAPSI, by G. Bennett
(2) The Federal Security Service, by G. Bennett
(3) New head of Russian intelligence looks West, by M. Galeotti
(4) The SVR Russia's Intelligence Service, by G. Bennett
POWER MINISTRIES-INTELLIGENCE / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Russia's Military Doctrine
MILITARY DOCTRINES & LAW  / DOCTRINES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Monday 18 septembre 2000

Grozny 2000  : Urban Combat Lessons Learned, by T. THOMAS
Combat Stress in Chachnya : "The Equal Opportunity Disorder", by T. THOMAS
The Second Chechen War : The Information Component, by E. Pain
SPECIAL / CHECHNYA

DEFENSE DOSSIER: 'Reform' of Military a Sham, by P. Felgenhauer
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Civil-Military Relations in Ukraine : on the Way from Form to Substance
CIVIL-MILITARY RELATIONS / DEMOCRATIC CONTROL

Monday, 25  September, 2000

(1) Chechnya: A Vicious Circle, by P. Felgenhauer
(2) Pro-Moscow Chechnya chief condemns troops' actions
SPECIAL / CHECHNYA

(1) Russia's Military Reforms ?, by M.Galeotti
(2) Full circle for military reform, by A. Golts
(3) the sinking of the Kursk, by M. Kramer
(4) A tsar is born, by R. Staar
(5) Ne remeslo i ne iskusstvo (about the need for a real officer corps) (June 2000)
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Kremlin Casts Eye On Fall Elections
NEW ROLES FOR THE MILITARY /ARMY & POLITICS/ RUSSIAN FEDERATION

         Elisabeth Sieca-Kozlowski

         Post-Soviet Armies Newsletter
         http://www.psan.org/