Another bibliographic query, caused by the editor of a journal belatedly pointing out (in page proof for goodness sake) that in the bibliography he would prefer the christian names of cited authors. I managed this transposition with great difficulty for most of the names, but with one notable failure. Has anyone out there any idea what the christian name of the first named author of the extremely interesting paper cited below actually is? I have searched the entire volume but without much of a clue (except he works in Bedford County Planning Office, and it looks like the fieldwork was done on his father's/brother's farm - Park Farm, Teffont-Magna near Salisbury). I do not have any published bibliographies to hand which would help me out; list-members are my only rescue from having to face the editor with my ignorance.Tomorrow is the deadline for handing in the corrected proofs.

 Clark R.H., Schofield John

1991                     ‘By experiment and calibration: an Integrated approach to archaeology of the ploughsoil’, ss. 93-105 [w:] Schofield John (red.) 'Interpreting artefact scatters. Contributions to ploughzone archaeology', Oxford.

Thanks

Paul Barford