My name is Charles Pludthura and I am currently resarching for my Masters
Thesis in International Sports Law at Anglia University in Cambridge the
topic of: Sport and Gender Identity Dysphoria – the Discrimination of
Transgendered Persons in Sport.

The participation of transgendered persons in sport (specifically male to
female) has been a highly controversial legal lacuna. There is a total lack
of information in the area – especially from a legal sense. Hopefully I will
be able to rectify that.

One of the key objectives of my thesis is to examine and debate the current
scientific evidence concerning post-operative transgenders and the
physiological advantage retained from their former male identities. It is
this area which remains the key argument for those who do support bans on
transgenders in sporting competition. Thus, a study into whether there
really is an ‘unfair advantage’ is critical if this legal conundrum is to be
resolved.

A lack of research and scientific information clouds this issue and it is
one of my aims to try and find some sort of insight into the matter. I am
aware of several sports-science tests that have been conducted by the Women
in Sport unit in Australia, but I have yet to clarify what results were
exactly gained. IF anyone is able to assist me with these matters I would be
gratefully appreciative. This would include any persons in the medical and
science community (either professionally or academically) who may have some
form of expertise in the area.

I can be separately contacted at the following e-mail address:

Otherwise, I shall look forward to hearing from some of your replies at this
mailbase list.

Cheers