Thought the local-history list might be interested in this one.

Roger Fern.

Date:          Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:58:41 EDT
Subject:       Scottish Place-Name Society, November conference
From:          [log in to unmask]
To:            [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
               [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

(Apologies for any cross-posting)

SCOTTISH PLACE-NAME SOCIETY
Comann Ainmean-Aite na h-Alba

DAY CONFERENCE, MOTHERWELL HERITAGE CENTRE,
SATURDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2000

You are invited to attend our first meeting in Lanarkshire.
Registration and coffee will begin at 10.30, the programme will be as follows:

10.30 Registration and coffee
11.00 Peter Drummond and John Young: Lanarkshire Place-names
12.00 lan Fraser: The Place-names of Arran

12.45 Lunch

1.45 John Moore: Lanarkshire Maps- Pitfalls for the Unwary
2.30 Maggie Scott: Privick and Lickprivick - Onomastic connections in S.W.
Scotland
3.00 Alan Steel: Place-names and the Church in Lower Clydesdale
3.30 John Reid: Going round the Bend in East Stirlingshire
4.00 Tea and Disperse

The cost will be stlg15, which includes coffee, lunch and afternoon tea.
Student rates are stlg12 (to include lunch) and stlg5 (coffee and tea only)

(booking form:)

DAY CONFERENCE, MOTHERWELL, SATURDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2000
Name

Address

Tel.No.
I shall / shall not attend the Day conference in Motherwell on 11.11.00. I
enclose a cheque made payable to the "Scottish Place-Name Society " to cover:

Attendance at Day Conference stlg15 or stlg12 student rate, stlg5 student rate   stlg
My Annual Subscription for May 2000 - April 2001 (stlg5.00)                stlg
Donation                                                                stlg
Total                                                                   stlg

Please copy, print out, complete this form and return it to -
P. Drummond,
SPNS,
2, Albert Place,
Airdrie, ML6 6DT,
NO LATER THAN 3rd NOVEMBER 2000, Enclosing your fee.

visit the Scottish Place-Name Society website at
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/institutes/sassi/spns/index.htm
and the Scottish place-name newsgroup at
http://www.egroups.co.uk/group/scotplace

Roger Fern

27 Ladybank,
Chapel Park,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE5 1UJ.

Phone: (0191) 267-3074 (switched to fax when out)