Partridge's Dictionary of Slang (5th ed) has this entry --

Pink 'Un, The. The Sporting Times : from 1880, says Ware, 'from the tint of the paper, and to distinguish it from the Brown 'Un, Sportsman.' By 'Sportsman' he prob. means The Sportsman's Guide to the Turf, which began in 1880.
[Ware =Passing English by J. Redding Ware (1909).]

I'm pretty sure there are references to The Pink 'Un passim in P.G.Wodehouse, though it  does not feature in either of my 'companions' to that racy writer. I have known what The Pink 'Un was since the 1930s, though I've never seen a copy.
George Engle