I am not sure that this is from a poem. Can anyone give a precise attribution ?

All good wishes, John R

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Robert Avery
To: [log in to unmask]>John Radcliffe
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 6:43 PM
Subject: "lest we forget"

The following is an excerpt from a letter to the Daily Telegraph concerning the care of war graves...could anyone please provide me with the title of the poem referred to?

"If we cannot encourage succeeding generations to take up the challenge of our continuing responsibility for the Debt of Honour, perhaps the memory of the Few will fade, and even Rudyard Kipling's words, "Their name liveth for evermore", may prove mortal."

Thankyou.

Robert Avery.